Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

UC Santa Cruz - Multiple InfoSec Job Opportunities

From: Janine Roeth <jar () UCSC EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:52:02 -0700

Hello

The University of California Santa Cruz campus is looking for dynamic
individuals to expand our information security program. These positions
report to multiple units, however, they are expected to work closely with
each other and with existing, talented security and IT personnel in a
centralized IT organization of approximately 235 staff.

*Incident Response*
Two positions will strengthen our security incident response capabilities,
working collaboratively with campus constituents and external
organizations:  An entry level position will help with effective triage and
escalation of security incidents and a senior position will manage the
response to escalated and restricted data security incidents, including
detailed analysis, containment, server and network forensics.
*Security Incident Response Support Analyst* - Job #: 1606556
Link: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69134
*Lead Security Incident Responder* - Job #: 1606553
Link: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69136

*Endpoint Security*
One position will focus on endpoint security: developing, deploying and
reporting on secure endpoint configurations in a heterogeneous
environment.  This includes management and delivery of endpoint security
services such as patching, encryption, and malware protection.
*Endpoint Security Analyst *- Job #: 1606552
Link: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69133

*Application Security*
Two senior positions will focus on application security for our portfolio
of applications which range from small legacy systems to vendor-based
enterprise systems.  These positions will establish, implement and maintain
security standards within application development and operations and in our
transition to cloud-based services. They will also have responsibility for
risk and vulnerability assessments of applications along with related
remediation.
*Application Security Analyst* - Job #: 1606551
Link: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69132
<https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69132>

*Network Security*
The most senior position will focus on network security: designing,
planning, engineering and operational support of the University network
security infrastructure.  The University is currently upgrading its network
infrastructure to baseline gigabit to the desktop service with redundant
100GB connectivity through the statewide regional network known as CENIC.
*Network Security Engineer *- Job #: 1606555
Link: https://jobs.ucsc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=69137

Working at the University of California, Santa Cruz puts you in the center
of a world class hub of teaching and research, in a setting of incredible
natural beauty, with a team of dedicated, professional colleagues.  UC
Santa Cruz has a challenging and engaging work environment, excellent
benefits, career development and training, work-life balance, a sense of
community and belonging, and a commitment to diversity in the workplace.

Check out Santa Cruz's:
...beaches: http://www.santacruz.com/guides/santa-cruzs-best-beaches-2
...redwoods: http://www.santacruz.com/guides/day-hikes-around-santa-cruz
...healthy food: