Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Student's Own VPN on Campus

From: "Fisch, Neal" <Neal.Fisch () CSUCI EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 20:19:03 +0000

Good afternoon all,

I've received as request from a student who wishes to utilize their own personal VPN on our campus.  My questions to
the group are:

1.       Do you see any risks to allowing this, and if so what are they?

2.       Do you see any benefits to allowing this and if so what are they?

Thank you for your time.

Neal

Neal Fisch
Director, Enterprise Services and Security
Information Security Officer
Division of Technology & Communication
California State University Channel Islands
One University Drive, Camarillo CA 93012
Solano Hall - Room 2178

Email:  neal.fisch () csuci edu<mailto:neal.fisch () csuci edu>
Voice:  805-437-3278 | Mobile:  805-443-6529 | Fax:  805-437-3377
[EXT_IS]