Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Senior Information Security Engineer position at American University

From: Eric Weakland <eric () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 19:51:42 +0000

Greetings,

American University, located in our nation's capital, Washington DC, is seeking a person to fill a Senior Information
Security Engineer position. You'll join a fun team committed to not only preventing and reducing risk, but to providing
excellent customer service.  Our CIO David Swartz, our CISO Cathy Hubbs and myself actively support Educause/HEISC
initiatives.

We're looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience in Information Security.  The position's main emphasis
will be:

*             Threat detection and prevention (scanning, IDS/IPS, log alerts, Splunk)
*             Incident response
*             Security liaison with IT operations
*             Scripting/programming to support efficiency in security operations

Here is a link to more information and the job posting: https://jobs.american.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=5994

If you have questions, you can contact me at eric () american edu<mailto:eric () american edu>

Thanks,

Eric Weakland, CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ITIL
Director, Information Security
Office of Information Technology
American University
eric at american.edu<http://american.edu>
202.885.2241

Emails from IT asking you to log in with a link are scams!
No one from Microsoft is going to call you about your computer!
The IRS isn't going to call you and threaten legal action, unless you pay them using gift cards!