Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

UNSUBSCRIBE

From: "Terhune, Bradley N (Brad)" <bterhune () UTHSC EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 13:49:32 +0000

From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU> on behalf of "Baillio,
Aaron" <abaillio () OU EDU>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2016 at 8:41 AM
To: "SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU" <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Subject: [SECURITY] Threat Intel

Earlier this week I attended a conference hosted by Anomali.  The conference was called Anomali Detect and was the
first they’ve hosted.

The purpose of the conference was centered solely on IT threat intel and how to use it more effectively.  Anomali is a
vendor that aggregates threat intel and facilitates the organization and sharing of that information as well as other
integrations.  There were a number of other vendors there as well.

I spoke during one of the breakout sessions and told the story of security in Higher Ed and how we use threat intel
here at the University of Oklahoma.

I wanted to share my slide deck in case it may help inform or help you direct your own intel efforts.  We aren’t by any
means mature in how we are handling threat intel and have room to grow, but we’ve been using the Anomali product for
several years as well as the individual feeds each product provides.

Let me know if you have any questions!

B. Aaron Baillio, Sec+, CEH, CISSP
University of Oklahoma, Information Technology
Managing Director, Security Operations and Architecture
O: 405-325-7948
C: 254-400-6404