Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Blackboard Phishing Emails

From: "Baillio, Aaron" <abaillio () OU EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:12:43 +0000

Kyle,

We had a similar attach today.  They hot linked to our OZONE web pages.  We blocked the spam and the phishing URL
within 20 minutes of when we were first alerted to the phishing email.

We collected stats on those who clicked through and posted to the site...15% click rate!!  That's better than most of
our internal marketing campaigns!

Provides a lot of fodder for us to get an email gateway with URL rewrites.

B. Aaron Baillio, Sec+, CEH, CISSP
University of Oklahoma, Information Technology
Managing Director, Security Operations and Architecture
O: 405-325-7948
C: 254-400-6404