Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Interview Request - Senior Thesis

From: "Barnes, Joe" <jdbarns1 () ILLINOIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:39:01 +0000

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a quick second to pass this note on to you.  One of our
students is writing his senior thesis on the feasibility of implementing two
factor authentication in a university setting.  He is looking for
individuals at different institution to complete a 30 minute phone
interview.  If you are interested or know someone in your group that could
help him out, I would greatly appreciate it if you would reach out to Adam.

Below you can find out more details related to the process.

**********************************

Joe Barnes, CISSP

Chief Privacy and Security Officer

Technology Services at Illinois

**********************************

Hello. You are cordially invited to participate in a phone interview
regarding the feasibility of implementing two factor authentication in a
university setting. I believe your administrative role is a very
important/crucial aspect in this type of implementation and therefore your
help in this study would be greatly appreciated.  I would also be grateful
if you know of anyone else in a similar role/position at your home/another
university who may be able to participate in this study. The study should
only take 20-30 min of your time.  For more information please email Adam
Wiggenhauser at wiggenh2 () illinois edu <mailto:wiggenh2 () illinois edu>  or
research1139 () illinois edu <mailto:research1139 () illinois edu> . As a note the
study ends  April 29th.