Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Open Bug Bounty?

From: Shane E Williams <shane.williams () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:19:09 -0500

We received a notice from Open Bug Bounty (openbugbounty.org) recently, and
I notice that many of the latest submissions listed on their pages are
educational institutions.  Does anyone have experience with and/or opinions
about this program?

In many ways, I think what they're doing might be a good thing, but I have
no information or experience with which to make a trust assessment.  And I
can't help but be struck by how similar it feels to the old "someone you
know has shared an opinion about you, sign up to find out more"
websites/spam.

--
Shane Williams
Senior System Administrator