Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI Wireless Question for other colleges/universities

From: Kevin Reedy <KReedy () EXCELSIOR EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:09:20 -0500

Hi Tim,

I'm a little curious why you feel you have any PCI burden with a vendor
that is not affiliated?  Any exposure would be on them, with possible
backlash being negative press for you because of selecting them.

I don't see how the PCI burden transfers from vendor to host, that would be
like an ISP being held responsible for a breach that occurred over the
internet.

-Kevin