Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

endpoint security software

From: "Ashfield, Matt (NBCC)" <Matt.Ashfield () NBCC CA>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 13:45:53 +0000

Good Morning

Our institution, like a large percentage in higher ed are running the Microsoft security essentials on desktops, which
is included in our licensing agreement with Microsoft. While that works ok for AV detection, I'm wondering if any
institutions out there are doing running additional desktop security software (e.g. anti-malware software like
MalwareBytes, or others) and if so, if you had related RFP/RFI for such a procurement. Any info you can provide is
appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
NBCC