Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Policy

From: Ricardo Fitipaldi <rfitipal () MAIL SDSU EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 08:10:59 -0800

RF
*Ricardo Fitipaldi, *Security Analyst
San Diego State University
☎: 619-594-0099
http://security.sdsu.edu

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 6:39 AM, David Santos <SantosD () felician edu> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am in process of developing an IT security policy for our University and
I have a few questions below.

1.       Do your Universities have a security policy?

http://security.sdsu.edu/iso/pdfs/IS%20Plan.pdf

2.       Is it part of the computer acceptable usage policy or separate?

​
Separate
​

3.       Does it target complete University community (Faculty, Staff,
and Students)?

​yes.​

4.       Did legal counsel review policy because of possible legal action
taken against persons who are in violation of such policy?

​yes, approved in all levels of the administration.​

5.       Would it be possible to share some policies with me?

​See link above on 1.​

Thanks in advance for any information.

Have a Great Day

David Santos

IT Security & Helpdesk Manager,

Information Technology

Felician University

262 South Main Street

Lodi, NJ 07644

P: 201-559-6075

www.felician.edu

This outgoing email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
System for Felician University.