Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HEISC Quarterly Update, December 2015

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:41:40 +0000

Good morning,

This message is posted on behalf of the HEISC co-chairs. (Apologies for cross-posting if you also received this via the
CIO list.)

Thank you,
Valerie
___________________________

Dear Colleagues,

Since September, the Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has accomplished several important
activities and developed new community resources.  We hope you and your information security team find these resources
helpful.

  1.  Published a new FAQ on Cyber Liability Insurance:
http://www.educause.edu/library/resources/cyber-liability-insurance-faq
  2.  Published the article “This Magic Moment: Reflections on Cybersecurity" in EDUCAUSE Review:
http://er.educause.edu/articles/2015/9/this-magic-moment-reflections-on-cybersecurity
  3.  Launched a new blog column—Security Matters—in EDUCAUSE Review: http://er.educause.edu/columns/security-matters
  4.  Celebrated another successful NCSAM in higher ed and announced a new security awareness campaign for 2016:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/ncsam-2015-highlights-plus-new-2016-campus-security-awareness-campaign
  5.  Launched a new Privacy Discussion Group listserv:
https://www.educause.edu/discuss/educause-program-discussion-groups/privacy-discussion-group
  6.  Updated the Information Security Program Self-Assessment Tool to align with ISO 27002:2013 and expanded the
mappings to other standards and tools:
www.educause.edu/security/assessment-tool<http://www.educause.edu/security/assessment-tool>

In addition to your continued input and feedback, we encourage you and your information security officer to contribute
to current HEISC activities. Please let us know if you or someone on your team would be interested in volunteering for
a HEISC working group (send an email to security-volunteer () educause edu<mailto:security-volunteer () educause edu>).
We look forward to continuing the excellent information security work that has been done by our colleagues over the
past decade.

Thank you,
Cathy Bates and Melissa Woo, HEISC Co-Chairs
www.educause.edu/security<http://www.educause.edu/security>

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good