Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM 2015 is Just 7 Days Away!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:34:44 +0000

Only 1 week until National Cyber Security Awareness Month begins!

Here are 5 things you should do to get ready.

now<http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-creating-culture-cybersecurity-and-safety-your-campus-and-your-community>
 for a free 1-hour webinar on October 7
Our speakers will discuss Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity and Safety on Your Campus and in Your Community. Hear
from the National Cyber Security Alliance’s Executive Director Michael Kaiser about their efforts over the past 12
years. Then Allison Oslund will share TAMU’s most recent security awareness campaigns and discuss how they educate
students, faculty, and staff in October and year-round.

2) Bookmark our new EDUCAUSE Review blog column, Security Matters<http://er.educause.edu/columns/security-matters>
We will publish several new guest blogs starting on September 28 and will continue to post new blogs related to the
2015 NCSAM weekly themes throughout the month of October.

3) Become a NCSAM Champion<https://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/>
Complete the online registration form and pledge to take action in our community. Last year we had 100 institutions
sign up. Help us beat that record this year!

4) Use the new hashtag #CyberAware to promote NCSAM
Share advice, events, activities, and links to resources on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #CyberAware. Don’t
forget to check out NCSA’s social media page<https://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/social-media> for
profile images, suggested posts, and other free promo materials.

5) Join the weekly #ChatSTC conversation
NCSA is hosting weekly #ChatSTC Twitter chats during NCSAM. Join @HEISCouncil at 3 pm ET/noon PT every Thursday during
the month (Oct. 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29).

We hope you’ll continue to share your institution’s plans throughout October. We’re already hearing about some great
campaigns! Find more resources on our NCSAM page: http://www.educause.edu/ncsam.

And please feel free to contact me with any questions or resources you might like to share.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE