Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Have you used SANS Phishing Assessment Services

From: "Kevin P. Sale" <Kevin.Sale () KAUST EDU SA>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 07:18:53 +0000

In the past we have used both SANS STH and PhishMe. I'm most impressed with PhishMe.

Kevin.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 23, 2015, at 9:47 PM, Shettler, David <dshettle () HOLYCROSS EDU<mailto:dshettle () holycross edu>> wrote:

We piloted it over the summer and are rolling out a campaign to the rest of the campus this year.

I would recommend it for driveby phishing, and data-collection phishing, but it doesn't seem to support malicious
attachment phishing.

It also has a limited set of domain names and I don't see any options to add our own domains that we've purchased to
the tool.  But the reporting is good, the templates are good, and the customization is excellent.

We are considering purchasing the SANS Phishing Assessment service for a year  Curious how many of you have used it and
would recommend it?

Thanks in advance.

Cathy

Cathy Hubbs,
Chief Information Security Officer
Office of Information Technology
American University

--

[http://college.holycross.edu/email/template/email-180-tag.jpg]

DAVID SHETTLER
Information Security Officer
Information Technology Services
dshettle () holycross edu<mailto:dshettle () holycross edu>
phone: (508) 793-3073
One College Street
Box ITS
Worcester, Mass. 01610
www.holycross.edu<http://www.holycross.edu>

This message and its contents including attachments are intended solely for the original recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete this message from
your computer system. Any unauthorized use or distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before
printing this email.