Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: RESULTS: Survey about security maintenance windows

From: Mark Monroe <markm196 () NETSCAPE NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 15:35:45 -0500

I missed the email before.. May not mean anything now, but here is our policy
http://www.umsl.edu/technology/About%20ITS/ITS%20Policies/ITS_Maintenance_Policy_March2010.pdf

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 10, 2015, at 3:10 PM, Thomas Carter <tcarter () AUSTINCOLLEGE EDU> wrote:

Attached is a quickly put together PDF of the results of this survey. No major surprises (except the response that
says IT doesn’t get any time off including holidays! Must be a big school with plenty of staff.)

My goal with this is to share with my campus leadership that a regular maintenance window is not an unusual request
and is part of good business practices.  Thank you everyone who responded; your answers were greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Carter
Network & Operations Manager
Austin College