Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Palo Alto Global Protect

From: Scott Link <linksg () SLU EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:24:00 -0600

Hi,

I’m reading up on VPN options and was wondering if anyone has some Palo Alto Global Protect stories they’d like to
share—off-line or via the list, whichever you’re more comfortable with.

How does HIP work for you?
Are you writing rules based on group member ship?
Load on the appliance?
Split-tunnel, yes/no?

I know it doesn’t support Linux clients, but I’ve been told it’s a feature request. Any weirdness w/Windows or Mac? How
well has it kept up with new versions? (Saw that as an issue several years ago with another product using the OPSWAT
libraries, when it came to supporting Macs…)

Thank you,
Scott Link
ITS Operations Security