Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: small schools - nextgen firewalls

From: Nathaniel Hall <educause-lists () NATHANIELHALL COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:55:03 -0600

DISCLAIMER: I have not been in education for several years and I am
currently a consultant with one of Palo Alto's top vendors.

I worked with/for one of the largest database marketing companies over
the last year. They were in the process of migrating from Check Point to
Palo Alto. I know they had multiple 10g Internet connections and were
having success with the devices. They were very dependent on Amazon Web
Services ($400k+/month) so it would have been obvious if there were issues.

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GPPA GCIA GCIH GCFA CNSE