Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Lessons learned disabling SSLv3

From: Velislav K Pavlov <VelislavPavlov () FERRIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 15:31:49 +0000

Nmap has NSE scripts like https://nmap.org/nsedoc/scripts/ssl-enum-ciphers.html  or Poodle for SSLv3 only which can
help to enumerate whole subnet and output results in greppable format. This can help to build visibility and plan
staged remediation thus limiting impact.

Vel Pavlov | Sr. IT Security Analyst
M.Sc., CISSP, C|EH, C)PTE, Security+, ITIL, A+
Ferris State University
For service requests, please contact the
Technology Assistance Center (TAC)<http://www.ferris.edu/techsupport/>

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged. Unless you are the intended addressee (or
authorized to receive for the intended addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply and
delete the message.