Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vendor Network Access

From: Dennis Bohn <bohn () ADELPHI EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 07:31:31 -0400

Hi John,
When this issue first reared its ugly head ten years ago, we made the
decision to segment off all HVAC/BMS (Building Management Systems) from the
rest of our network.  We initially created a separate vlan which routed
only to a small firewall dedicated to the BMS.  Now we are moving to VRFs
but wiht the same principle.  I highly recommend the segmentation
approach.  Then it is up to facilities what their vendors have access to
and what happens.

HTH,
dennis

Dennis Bohn