Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM 2014: Mid-Month Update

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 15:07:15 +0000

Greetings,

National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is in full swing! Here are the latest resources, including two upcoming
webinars.

Webinars

  *   Today (10/14) at 1 pm ET: Free EDUCAUSE Live! webinar, CIO Insights on
Cybersecurity<http://www.educause.edu/events/educause-live-cio-insights-cybersecurity>. Please join us for a discussion
about the big InfoSec questions keeping 3 CIOs – and you – up at night. We want to hear your questions and comments! A
recording (along with slides and chat transcript) will be available following the event.
  *   Tomorrow (10/15) at 2 pm ET: Free IAM Online webinar, InCommon Bronze:
Security<http://www.incommon.org/iamonline/>, featuring 2 case studies from campuses that have implemented the InCommon
Bronze Assurance Profile and how that has contributed to their local security strategies. A recording will also be
available.

Blogs

  *   Security Awareness for IT Staff and Developers:
https://www.educause.edu/blogs/lspitzner/security-awareness-it-staff-and-developers
  *   Improving Password Security Shouldn’t Be Rocket Science by Nelson Cicchitto:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/nelsoncicchitto/improving-password-security-shouldnt-be-rocket-science
  *   Stop. Think. Connect. Everyone’s a Target by 3 Carnegie Mellon graduate students:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/stop-think-connect-everyones-target
  *   Critical Infrastructure and the Internet of Things by Karen McDowell:
http://www.educause.edu/blogs/vvogel/critical-infrastructure-and-internet-things

Please continue to share your own activities, events, and resources with our community!

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE