Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Establishing the Program Committee for Security 2016

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:12:27 +0000

Greetings,

We will soon be selecting program committee members for the 2016 Security Professionals Conference. If you would like
to be a part of continuing the tradition of the Security Professionals Conference, then I would encourage you to
volunteer for the Program Committee.

We will establish a program committee of security and privacy professionals (of all ranks and titles) from a diverse
range of institutions. The 2016 program committee will hold its first meeting during Security 2015 in Minneapolis, MN,
on Wednesday, May 6 (7-8 am CT). Thereafter, the program committee will meet via monthly conference calls starting in
June.

Note: We see the Security Professionals Conference Program Committee as a professional development opportunity for
everyone in the infosec community. So if you haven’t volunteered for the conference or a HEISC working group before,
this may be the perfect opportunity. Previous committee members are welcome to volunteer, as well, and may be selected
as adjunct proposal reviewers.

To volunteer, please visit the EDUCAUSE Volunteer
Opportunities<http://www.educause.edu/careers/volunteer-opportunities> website and click on the Volunteer Now button.
Be sure to select “Security Professionals Conference Program Committee” and include a note about why you are interested
in participating. You may also submit nominations to Valerie Vogel (vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause
edu>) and nominees will be invited to complete the volunteer form. Priority consideration will be given to candidates
who volunteer by Friday, January 9, 2015.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager

EDUCAUSE