Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: funny video on avoiding copyright infringement

From: Greg Jackson <gjackson () OUTLOOK COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 17:59:18 -0400

Was from UVa. Google "when I go to UVa"

 Greg Jackson
1-202-596-9425 • gjackson.us

On Oct 1, 2014, at 5:33 PM, Shalla, Kevin <kshalla () UIC EDU> wrote:

Many years ago I remember a university producing a very funny video where children talked about their dreams for
college. The script included things like
“I want to download illegal music and spend years in a federal penitentiary”. I’m looking for a similar video now
(one that is funny, tells the consequences for violating copyright law, identifies common ways it’s violated, and how
to comply with the law while still having fun). Does anyone have suggestions?

Kevin Shalla
Academic and Enrollment Services
University of Illinois at Chicago