Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Onboarding

From: "Jones, Mark B" <Mark.B.Jones () UTH TMC EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:54:48 +0000

If you want to do a ‘deep dive’ into this topic you need to reference the following…

-          http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-63-2.pdf

-          http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/memoranda/fy04/m04-04.pdf

-          http://www.incommon.org/assurance/

-          http://www.nist.gov/nstic/

We are looking at collecting a personal email address when students apply and then treating that as an address of
record where we can send a short lived, one-time use link for the student to set their initial password.