Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Uploading photo for IDs

From: Thomas Carter <tcarter () AUSTINCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 09:22:15 -0500

We integrate with our campus security system, so we pull the ID card photos into our campus management system (Ellucian
Colleague, in this case). This was done by in-house programmers; the difficulty is in making sure the security
implications of that is addresses (i.e. only having read access to only the photos, etc).

Thomas Carter
Network and Operations Manager
Austin College
903-813-2564