Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: National Cyber Security Awareness Month Activities

From: Robert Henry <rhenry () SCU EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:54:40 -0700

Hello all,
For NCSAM we are having a "shred fest."  We are bringing a shred truck to
park on campus and collect sensitive paper & media from students, faculty,
and staff.  We'll have the truck from 11:30-1:30 on  Tuesday, Wednesday,
Thursday probably the last week of October.  The last time I did this it
was a few years back and we collected just short of 2 tons of paper over
the 3 days.  It will be interesting to see the turnout.  In conjunction,
there will be having security awareness games, such as the ever-popular
dumpster diving, to draw students for prizes.
--Bob

--
Robert Henry, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer

Do not open or click! Three common hazardous email scams with links or
attachments to watch out for:
   1) an unfamiliar transaction report from a familiar business
   2) an attachment with no explanation in the body of the message
   3) "phishing" - where they ask for or require your email or login
password