Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness Programs

From: Todd Britton <tbritton () LAVERNE EDU>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 19:36:19 +0000

Hi Peter,

                We too struggle with getting our university constituents to actively and regularly engage in the
Information Security training. I provide email, targeted portal messages and web page updates on the new content as
appropriate. I also send out a yearly annual reminder (during Information Security Awareness month in October) of the
resources available to us. We use the SANS Securing the Human hosted solution and while I agree with the lack of
customization, single sign-on through LDAP and integration with other training providers is problematic. We believe is
a good enough solution for us right now. I would be interested to know what others are doing and what you find as well.
Good luck.

Todd Britton, Ed.D.
PMP, CISM, CRISC, ITILv3F, MCSE, CGEIT
Assistant Vice President, IT Business Relationships
Facilities and Technology Services Division
University of La Verne
tbritton () laverne edu<mailto:tbritton () laverne edu>