Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Communications about Heartbleed

From: Peter Setlak <psetlak () COLGATE EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:04:24 -0400

(disclaimer: not Canadian...)

We decided to stick true to our word and not send a mass email with a link
prompting users to change their passwords. Here is what we did.

1. Put a blog article out on April 8 signifying we patched our systems but
recommended users change their password if they had logged-in before 10PM
that evening...
2. Put second blog article and facebook post to the campus re-iterating
that we patched and recommending password changes for their personal
sites...
3. Campus email reiterating that we do not send emails asking to reset
passwords and pointed them to the blog article.

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Christopher Jones <Christopher.Jones () ufv ca