Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Do you require students take security awareness training

From: Cathy Hubbs <hubbs () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 14:50:15 -0500

Good morning all,
We made good progress at the end of 2013 by getting annual security
awareness training required for all staff (cheers!). It is delivered with
our enterprise learning management system so we can report on completion
by individual and departments. Many of you have had this in place for some
time. Thank you for leading the way.

Now I'm interested in tackling the student side, specifically requiring
training, upon account set up.

Will you contact me on or off thread to let me know if you have instituted
"required" security awareness training for all students. Please indicate
whether it is a home grown solution or commercial.

I'm building my case and would like to point to the many successful
programs that I believe are in place.

Thank you in advance,

Cathy

Cathy Hubbs