Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Checkpoint Vs. Palo Alto Vs. Fortinet

From: "Bradley, Stephen" <bradlesw () MIAMIOH EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 10:18:36 -0500

I'd have to say we have been pretty happy with our selection of Palo Alto
as well.

steve

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Kevin Robert Hayes <krhayes () wayne edu>wrote:

Allan,

Earlier this year we went thru a bake-off and RFP process for replacing
our Internet firewalls.  I'm certain that the vendors hated going thru the
144-point evaluation, but it made a clear and level playing field.  We
selected Palo Alto from our responding manufacturers (Cisco, Juniper, Dell,
HP, Fortinet) and have been *extremely* satisfied with the featureset,
functionality, and performance of the device.

Kevin Hayes, CISSP
Information Security Officer
Computing & Information Technology
Wayne State University