Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Mac security options

From: "Nevin, David" <Dave.Nevin () OREGONSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 20:03:49 +0000

Hi Dave,

We've recently rolled out JAMF's Casper Suite to administer our macs and
couldn't be happier with it. It is worth a look.

For encryption, our enterprise solution is Check Point Software's Pointsec
but we've had mixed experiences deploying it on Macs. When it doesn't
work, we've used FileVault--not ideal from a management standpoint but at
least it is now full-disk.

Antivirus is managed Symantec SEP.

We're slowly in the process of migrating macs into AD.  We do have a
standard configuration that includes security settings such as enabling
the firewall, locking screensaver, etc.

Hope this helps--and would be happy to share more specifics--just let me
know.

Dave

--
Dave Nevin, Deputy CISO