Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Full Disk - Media encryption

From: Kimberly Heimbrock <heimbrockk () NKU EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:39:47 +0000

We have been using MS Bitlocker since 2010 on all laptops. Recently added use for thumb drives (on a request-only
basis). Keys are stored within AD, easily retrieved.  Issues occur at times with malware and viruses, but have not had
many issues related to the encryption process itself or key retrieval.   Most users are completely unaware of the
encryption.  We are working toward MBAM (console management) and would really like extending it to portable storage
devices.