Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Guest wireless restrictions

From: Dewitt Latimer <dewittlatimer () GMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 12:01:48 -0700

CALEA compliant I'm sure.

But I wonder how they handle DCMA violations and the like or the
occasional caffeine induced hate-mail to whitehouse.gov?

-d

Dewitt Latimer, Ph.D.
Chief Information Officer
Montana State University
dewitt () montana edu

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Eric C. Lukens <eric.lukens () uni edu>wrote:

Doesn't Starbucks and McDonalds outsource wifi to AT&T, which probably is
fully CALEA-complaint? That's a good way to manage risk, transfer it to an
external entity.

-Eric