Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Breach Notification MIA...

From: "Bateman, Darrell" <darrell.bateman () TTU EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:51:04 +0000

Everyone that had an account with EDUCAUSE at the time of the breach, including those that uses the InCommon federated
login, should consider their EDUCAUSE stored password as compromised. This could have ramifications for you if you use
that same password for other sites or if that password is based on some recognizable pattern you use elsewhere. To
fully protect yourself, you may need to change all your other passwords that might be guessed as a result of the
EDUCAUSE compromised password.

Darrell Bateman
Assistant Vice President for IT and ISO
Office of the Chief Information Officer