Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: EDUCAUSE Statement on Server Breach

From: Bob Bayn <bob.bayn () USU EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:34:32 +0000

We, too, were scurrying around and called the Denver office for reassurance before that message arrived from Valerie.

Bob Bayn    SER 301    (435)797-2396       IT Security Team
Office of Information Technology,     Utah State University
     three common hazardous email scams to watch out for:
     1) unfamiliar transaction report from familiar business
     2) attachment with no explanation in message body
     3) "phishing" for your email password