Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Java problems

From: Dave Koontz <dkoontz () MBC EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 19:04:24 -0500

Thanks!   Seems like a never ending cycle.

JAVA = (J)ust (A)nother (V)ulnerable (A)pplication?  :-)

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 1, 2013, at 5:50 PM, "Ludwig, David C." <dludwig () MIDDLEBURY EDU> wrote:

Full patch was just released - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/javacpufeb2013-1841061.html
Also we recently got some clarity regarding end of life support for Java 6.  Public updates will no longer be
released, but we can still get updates until 2017 as part of Oracle “support for life” via either Ellucian or our
Oracle Site license.

David Ludwig
Manager of Administrative Systems
Library & Information Systems Middlebury College
14 Old Chapel Road
Middlebury, VT 05753
Office: (802) 443-5692