Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: McAfee preventing Windows 7 logons

From: Eric Lukens <eric.lukens () UNI EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:41:51 -0500

I too have had multiple problems with A/V (two different A/V companies
even) causing issues with C:\Users\Default. In my case, there wasn't even a
false positive, but for whatever reason the scanner got hung up in there
long enough that Windows got annoyed. Adding an exclusion for real-time
scanning to C:\Users\Default fixed the problem.

-Eric

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Schoenefeld, Keith P. <