Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Email Security Recommendations

From: Katsuya Uchida <uchidak () GOL COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 18:20:55 +0900

Hi, Bryan,

Have you use "sender domain authentication" and Outbound Port 25 Blocking
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_authentication
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_25_blocking#Port_25_blocking

(2012/11/10 4:40), McLaughlin, Bryan S. wrote:
We are currently Postini users and are looking to move to a new product to battle incoming spam and viruses, and
encrypt sensitive data leaving the university as well as outbound spam filtering.  We have narrowed our search to
Proofpoint, Barracuda, McAfee, and Axway.  I looking for input from other Universities who are using one of these
products to get real world feedback.

Thanks,

Bryan McLaughlin
Information Security Officer
Creighton University
bmclaughlin () creighton edu

Katsuya Uchida, Professor, Ph. D. (Mr.)
Professor Emeritus, Institute of Information Security,
(Graduate School in Japan)
http://www.uchidak.com/ (Jpn/Eng)   Mail: uchidak () gol com
Skype: uchidak_jpn  Twitter: WoodyTokyo