Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Barracuda Spam and Virus Firewall

From: Walter Petruska <wpetruska () USFCA EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 16:47:32 -0700

We use a single device located at our helpdesk which ‘oversees’
student/personally owned computers or those that are known to be infected
which show up for repair cleaning.

It does a good job of protecting those computers during the
cleaning/remediation process, as well as helping to tell if a ‘suspect’
computer is infected or a bot, vs. clean.

Walter