Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: spamhaus drop etc.

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:37:08 -0400

We have been using the Emerging Threats block list for a couple of years
now.  It is available in several formats for common firewalls.  The only
issue we had was when our communications department started hosting news on
Yahoo's hosting service.  We tailored our scripts to remove those IPs if
found.  We are about ready to fully automate it.

Ronald King

Security Engineer

Norfolk State University

 <http://security.nsu.edu/> http://security.nsu.edu