Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cyber-Bullying

From: "Shamblin, Quinn" <qrs () BU EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 13:41:20 +0000

To Roger's point, we specifically avoid calling out a particular form or vector.  Our thought is that bad behavior is
bad behavior, regardless of the particular avenue.  I have recently been reviewing a lot of the AUPs from schools in
the same category as mine and I have come across such statements several times, so it seems a common approach.  This is
not a quote, but it sums up what I have often seen: "Just because you are hazing, harassing or bullying through a
computer doesn't change the fact that that is what you are doing."

Quinn R Shamblin
Executive Director of Information Security, Boston University
CISM, CISSP, GCFA, PMP  -  O 617-358-6310  M 617-999-7523