Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Become a Champion of National Cyber Security Awareness Month

From: "David C. Lyon" <dclyon () CSUPOMONA EDU>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:47:38 -0700

The National Cyber Security Alliance is gearing up for National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM). We invite you
to become a champion of NCSAM (http://www.staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions) and demonstrate that your institution is
among the broad number of organizations committed to information security. No financial support is required to
officially show your support for NCSAM. As a Champion, you'll be asked to participate by reaching and educating your
faculty, staff, students, and local community members through events and other activities.

Also consider getting involved with STOP. THINK. CONNECT. (http://stopthinkconnect.org/). Download free materials, like
them on Facebook, become a Friend of the Campaign, or become a licensed partner so you can directly integrate STOP.
THINK. CONNECT. content into your own campaign materials.

I hope you will join me in this effort to increase awareness and improve information security on each of our campuses
and across the higher education community.

David Lyon
Chair, HEISC National Cyber Security Awareness Month Task Force
Cal Poly Pomona