Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Compliance Training for Security Analysts

From: Dan Sarazen <dsarazen () BRANDEIS EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:58:22 -0400

Hi A.J.,

Might I suggest you consider a more holistic approach and rather than
sending folks to targeted HIPAA or PCI training, target key staff for
possible CISSP or CISA training and certification? Between the exams, text
books and test data bases, neither of my certification cost more than
$1,000 and they will be exposed to all applicable regulations.

Both of these are good (CISSP is better) at providing an overall
understanding of compliance requirements (Including HIPAA and PCI) in an IT
shop.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

Good Luck,

Dan Sarazen

Senior IT Auditor

The Boston Consortium for Higher Education

Brandeis University, Mailstop 110

Phone: 781-736-8703

Cell:     781-296-4444

Fax:     781-736-8706