Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Open Source or Freeware File / Free Space Erasers

From: "Hauber, Wayne [ITSEC]" <wjhauber () IASTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 21:53:56 +0000

I haven't tested it, but I like the simplicity of interface for this one:  http://freeraser.en.softonic.com/

I liked Heidi a while back, but they seem to have taken away a lot of helpful functionality in the 6+ version.  (Plus I
have stability problems with 6+ on windows 7).

I have the same reaction to version 6 of Eraser. I've been using very 5.88 in lieu of something better. It is still
functional.

Wayne Hauber (515) 294-9890
Iowa State University
Information Technology Services
IT Security and Policies
297 Durham Center, ISU, Ames, Iowa 50011
wjhauber () iastate edu<mailto:wjhauber () iastate edu>

Quinn R Shamblin
Executive Director of Information Security, Boston University
CISM, CISSP, GCFA, PMP  -  O 617-358-6310  M 617-999-7523