Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Register today for SANS NetWars Tournament May 15-17, complete in person or remotely

From: Robert Maxwell <rmaxwell () UMD EDU>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:56:47 -0400

I'm posting on behalf of SANS, for whom I do not work.  I am
registered and would love to see some healthy competition there (so I
can get my butt kicked.)  I'm also using it as instruction on how to
structure similar activities for students here at UMCP.

<plug>

Please consider registering for the SANS NetWars Tournament, which will be
offered as a preconference seminar during the 2012 Security Professionals
Conference (May 15-17, Indianapolis, IN - www.educause.edu/SEC12).

If you're attending in person, visit the face-to-face conference
registration page (http://net.educause.edu/Registration/1030128) and
be sure
to select the SANS NetWars Tournament as your preconference seminar option
(SEM02F, 10 am - 5 pm ET). Note: A separate registration fee is
required for
each seminar selected. Details about the face-to-face seminar are
available
at: http://www.educause.edu/SEC12/Program/SEM02F

For those who cannot attend the conference in person, we invite you to
participate remotely. You will need to register for the online conference
(http://net.educause.edu/Registration/1030780) and select the SANS NetWars
Tournament as your preconference seminar (SEM01F, 10 am - 5 pm ET).
Note: A
separate registration fee is required for the seminar. Online
participation
is limited to 20 players. Please be aware that this is intended for
individual participants, not teams. Details about the online seminar are
available at: http://www.educause.edu/SEC122/Program/SEM01F

If you have any questions about the Security Conference or the
registration
process, please contact Valerie Vogel, EDUCAUSE Program Manager,
vvogel () educause edu

For questions about SANS NetWars Continuous Play or Tournament Play,
contact
Daryl Gilbertson, dgilbertson () sans org

Thank you!

</plug>

- --
Robert Maxwell, GCIH, GCFA, GPEN, GAWN, CISSP
Manager, Security Operations
Security and Policy Office, Division of Information Technology
University of Maryland
rmaxwell () umd edu
GnuPG Public Key:   http://security.umd.edu/contact/Robert_Maxwell.asc