Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Anyone get Known File Filter (KFF) to work with Accessdata FTK 4.0 (and Oracle)

From: "James H. Moore" <jhmiso () RIT EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 17:45:45 -0400

I was about to punt and install PostgresSQL with Accessdata.  I have tried Accessdata support, and provided them with
the information on Forensic Focus from March 18th, where the person said that Accessdata provided them and a few others
with a custom Oracle KFF (http://articles.forensicfocus.com/2012/03/18/accessdata-ftk-4-0-initial-impressions/ ).
Accessdata said that they didn't provide any special KFF to Sean Harrington.  In the article, Sean Harrington says that
the one on Accessdata's website from February isn't the one that works.  I can get FTK 4.01 to work with Oracle, but I
just can't load KFF (it produces an error and Accessdata techs have me strip the schema for FTK 4 from the Oracle
database.)

Anyone succeed in using Oracle, FTK4.x, and KFF?

Jim
- - - -
Jim Moore, CISSP, IAM, ITIL Foundations
Senior Information Security Forensic Investigator
Rochester Institute of Technology
151 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
(585) 475-5406 (office)
(585) 255-0809 (Cell - Incident Reporting & Emergencies)
(585) 475-7920 (fax)

If you consciously try to thwart opponents, you are already late.  Miyamoto Musashi, Japanese philosopher/samurai, 1645

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.  John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic, 1928

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any
copies of this information