Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Pen Testing- Scanning and Vulnerability Assessments

From: Jim Furstenbrg <JamesFurstenberg () FERRIS EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:34:11 -0400

Currently we use Rapid 7 - Nexpose Vulnerability scanner for
VAssessments/Remediation; , PCI audits, and server security configuration
baseline audits;

I am looking at adding  the MetaSploit Pro Pen testing module to increase
my ability to validate and prioritize any vulnerabilities via  the actual
"safe" exploitation and remediation that this module offers.

Is anyone using this module?   Likes, Dislikes?

Are you using another vendor's  commercial (internal) pen testing
solution?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Jim Furstenberg |IT Security Analyst
CEH

"In God we trust, all others bring data."    W. Edward Demmings
Ferris State University
330 Oak St  | Big Raids, MI 49307
Office: 231.591.5335
Mobile: 231.645.5821