Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: PCI DSS Review - 40 Hours?

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:43:35 -0400

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:28:56 -0000, Michael Johnson said:
Only a certified entity (QSA) can render expert opinion on satisfying the ROC.

On the other hand, I think any IT professional who's been involved in a PCI DSS
review is probably qualified to give non-expert opinion of the form "We sank
160 hours into it just to get started, and there's no way you're gonna do it in
40 unless you have a *really* limited scope in place".

That, and I don't think anything said on this list would qualify as "expert
opinion" in the legal sense, since everybody who posts an opinion here is doing
so without knowing all the details of the original poster's situation.