Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Confidentiality agreements and IT staff

From: George Farah <george.farah () QUEENSU CA>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:56:21 +0000

Good day

As part of the personnel security evolution on my campus, working with legal counsel, I created three CNDAs. One for
staff, one for  contractors and one for vendors. With engagement and collaboration with HR, and different constituents
on campus, we moved on it with IT staff and those who had access to admin systems. From there we are progressing
towards integrating in distributed recruitment processes to catch all as they come through the door, staff, faculty and
students working with the university.
I am a firm believer in the value of CNDA as a personnel security control.

Hope that helps
Have a great day
George Farah, GIAC/GSEC Gold, CRISC, CISA
University Information Systems Security Manager
Queen's University,
Kingston, Ontario, Canada k7l 3n6
george.farah () queensu ca