Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Privacy in Problem Tracking Systems

From: "Beasley, Cam" <cam () UTEXAS EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:35:49 +0000

Hi Dick --

the UT Austin ISO developed a custom application (starting back in 2004) that allows us to both handle all of the
incidents we encounter on a daily basis and manage the proactive risk management engagements we work on (e.g.,
pentests, assessments, internal projects)..  we've also integrated it into our security event systems (e.g., IDS, flow)
so that we can easily build incident response workflow through a GUI.

we find it important to keep this environment isolated from other IT support units for privacy reasons, but we do
interact with a number of ticketing systems on campus.

hope this helps,

~cam.

Cam Beasley
Chief Information Security Officer