Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vendor remote control for printer support

From: "Manjak, Martin" <mmanjak () ALBANY EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:47:03 +0000

We got a similar request from a vendor for our POS server system.  We said 'NO."

My understanding is that they would use this to draw a lot of statistical data from the system, and that data doesn't
belong to them.

We manage remote vendor access via vendor Active Directory accounts and security groups that are tied to specific VPN
permissions.

Marty Manjak
ISO
University at Albany

The University at Albany will never ask you to reveal your password. Please ignore all such requests.