Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN service -- Quick Poll

From: "Schumacher, Adam J." <adamschumacher () CREIGHTON EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 15:17:32 +0000

1.      Is your campus using, or does it plan to use,  VPN access for remote
users?

Yes.  We have offered VPN campus-wide for a number of years now.

2 .     What vendor(s) and protocols (SSL, IPSec, other) are you using?

We are currently migrating from the Cisco 3030 Concentrator with the old IPsec client toward the ASA and the new
AnyConnect client

3.    How many concurrent remote users can your system support?

I believe the limit is based on licensing.  I'm not sure exactly what that number is (around a few hundred), but it is
for concurrent connections /sessions

4.    Do you offer any specialized/custom VPN services for departments,
researchers, etc.?

With the new ASA we are moving towards a model where depending on role an individual will have access to different
backend systems or administrative type access for IT staff.

5.    Is your VPN offering part of your DR plan/requirement?

Not that I'm aware of

sha1(

Adam Schumacher
Information Security Engineer
Creighton University

Don't share your password with ANYONE, EVER.  This means YOU!

402-280-2383
402-672-1732

)

= 1a72637cf94189654ab1a827520a5e41738f41b0